Last week was New Years, and on the second day of the new calendar – I started on my journey of cooking through Jenna’s recipe journal on Eat Live Run.
I hung out with a friend and her daughters for a play date, convo day mixed with yummy cookies. Jenna’s recipes give me creativity and allows me to try new foods and cooking techniques. It will definitely be a culinary adventure this year.
These oatmeal cookies were small, thick and chewy. I added more milk and some cinnamon to the buttercream but that was the only alteration to her recipe. We had fun and they were all gone in two days.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- For filling:
- 1 stick butter, unsalted, softened
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease two cookie sheets and set aside
- Cream wet ingredients for cookies.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry.
- Form 24 hopefully uniform cookies
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool completely
- Mix all ingredients together for the filling. Place filling in between two cookies.