Well, here we are, last week of 2010. How has your 2010 been? Everything you wanted it to be and more? Not quite what you expected? Heartache? Disappointment? Unexpected joys? Tears? Laughter? All of the above? 2010 was different for me, grand, but very tough in some areas. 2011…who knows what it will bring, but that’s for another post.
1. When will I ever stop trying to measure up to some people’s expectations of me?
2. I love seeing old, and dear, friends.
3. Hit the ground, running!
4. I love hearing people’s heartbeats for their city: like these people who love the Bull Street City.
5. Country music helps me make it through long drives on 95!
6. There are dear friends in my life, these are the friends that you don’t have to see every day or talk to every day, but your life would be no where near the same without them, they are ones you call out to if you need ANYTHING!!! Two such couples are Brad and Lindsay Weldy and Clarissa and Bob Bacon. Love them! God is so gracious to me.
7. The sunrise was beautiful this morning.
8. I had a white boxing day, though I had a 70 degree Florida Christmas. Thankful for the break.
9. This week: reading Radical and Death by Love.
1. Love Mark Hall and this song makes more sense now that I know it is a poem.
2. Most of you may not know who Danny Franks is, but you need to know him and his sense of humor.
3. I will need this every Thursday in 2011.
4. Do you never ask God for more patience? If you don’t, then you don’t need to read this. For the rest of us, check this out by Resurgence.
5. For all you crafty people out there, what to do with all those Christmas cards?
I hope everyone enjoyed a very Merry Christmas, the snow, the sun (depending on what part of the world you live in), and will have a very Happy New Year later this week. I know God is good to me (Psalm 84:11) and that is why I anticipate the new year!
much love – kd