One of the reasons I love traveling is the time in the car or the plane gives me time to think, ponder, focus, and definitely sing along with the radio. Yesterday I had a two-hour drive from Raleigh to Charlotte. It had been a hectic week at the office and I was very glad to get in a car and just sing some country music.
While I did do that, I also had good thought time. Quality time with my thoughts, my prayers, and my dreams.
Most of you who know me know that I tend to be:
So, I am trying to guard against 1 and 3 and hit 2 square on the head!
I got an email from a photographer friend and it spurred me on (after it made me realize that I’m not really good yet…, I only like to pretend I am)
“Never let the fact that it may not be your current career stop you from diving in and figuring out stuff that you want to work on to get better. It’s not about being great it’s about being proud of your work and producing work that others enjoy! That can happen at all levels of work and talent. 🙂 Keep at it.” – Said Friend (thank you said friend, and I mean that)
Currently, I have so many dreams. When was I ever a dreamer? I think I’m getting the knack of it in my old age. Reading much and seeing other people’s dreams spur me on and then a friend, Jess, gives good ways to accomplish those dreams. My reasoning behind dreams:
1. I have a life to live to its fullest – God gave it to me to live for His glory, so I should take advantage of it, right?
2. I am single and MUST use this time to its fullest.
3. There is too much I want to do to not be out there every day living it up and being good at what I do live.
4. Dreaming keeps me entertained and I press on…never knowing what is on the other side of that dream.
5. Must work toward making that dream a reality.
So…here is to some refocusing
1. I have my dream writing job – and I want to be the best curriculum writer I can be. This will take much work.
2. I want to be the best social writer, speaker, and book writer – this also will take some work. I think these three go hand in hand, that is why they are all linked.
3. I want to be the best at yoga and running that I can be (this will require me running when it is cold outside, brrrr)
4. I want to be the best food photographer I can be. This is still in the big dreaming session but this covers two passions: food and photography. My Mom helped get me started because she bought me my first food styling book for Christmas. Thank you parents – dream motivators! And I had a good conversation with a great wedding photographer who spurred me on.
That’s it. 4 things.
If any of you have suggestions on how to accomplish said dreams – please let me know.