I used to think quiches were hard and way too many calories for what you got (ie how they tasted). That’s until I started making my own. This is one of the most delicious things I’ve made in a while. We both loved it (the older little isn’t a fan of eggs).
Being a mom of two littles, I don’t readily have time to roll out pie crust – I do have time but I choose to use it doing other things – especially when the pie shells from Pillsbury are so good and easy and inexpensive (Thank you!). When you are a mom, you have to choose where you spend your time. I spend mine in being active with the two, cooking simple meals, keeping the house clean, and being creative. Making pie dough from scratch doesn’t make the top-whatever list. How do you manage your time as a mom? What do you learn to say no to? Has that been hard to change your priorities since kids came along?
I digress: but hopefully encourage!
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- ¾ pound bacon, cooked, drained, chopped
- 1 cup cooked frozen spinach, drained, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped, cooked
- 3 artichoke hearts, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Bake your pie crust for 10 minutes at 350.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into pre-baked pie crust
- Some will spill over - you can make an additional ramekin if you like.
- Place on cooking sheet to keep your oven clean.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes for 1 hour until completely set.
- Let cool.
Kim this looks delish – I do have a question. The artichoke hearts – did you steam them? You show a pic of the raw artichokes – so I just wanted to be sure? Thanks- looking forward to making this!