Having children in the house, I have a love relationship with Dr. Seuss. The whimsical poet author master who is unlock any other. We have the books and there is a clock in our younger sons room with the Oh the Places You’ll Go Theme. Now, the theme has entered my kitchen.
We had some of Eric’s family stop by for a visit on Friday afternoon and I wanted to make something low-key but delicious and filling, because who wants to send away house guests with an empty stomach – about the brave ATL Labor Day Wknd traffic and the ATL airport. Not me!
Green Eggs & Ham Quiche
Author: The Charming South Kitchen
Recipe type: Brunch
Colorful and savory quiche
- 2 T evoo
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup quartered zucchini
- ¼ lb chopped black forest ham
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 7 eggs
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake the pie crust for about 15 minutes in the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Saute the onion, ham, and vegetables for about 5 minutes in the evoo.
- Add seasonings.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and cheese.
- Combine with vegetable mixture.
- Pour in pie crust. You'll have extra and with that I make mini frittatas (and bake for 35 minutes)
- Bake quiche for about 45-50 minutes or until middle of quiche is set.
Blog looks great and the food looks yummy!