Whoever was the first person to eat brunch or brinner – they were genious. I love eating breakfast foods at different times of the day – other than breakfast of course.
And if you are trying to watch your carb intake – then this is a perfect recipe for you!
Roasted Broccoli and Spinach Frittata
Recipe type: Breakfast
Eggs and vegetables - great combination
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped and roasted (in directions below)
- 1 handful of fresh baby spinach
- 7 eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk plus 2 T whole milk
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Before you make the frittata, you have to roast the broccoli. This is my favorite way to eat broccoli. Chop one head of broccoli, using the florets, spread out on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Roast at 425 for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, spices, and mustard.
- Add in vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in a pie pan (I have a deep dish one) for 30-35 minutes at 350.
- Eat with fruit or other breakfast-y items.