Our boys are 5 and 4. And if there are a few things we’ve learned over the years it is that our boys are different…and our boys are always changing.
What works one day may not work the next and yeah, most of you will understand.
Some nights our evening family worship time (right before bed) works great. Other nights it is a complete disaster. That doesn’t mean we give up.
It might mean we change things up a bit.
And this book right here has helped us change things up a bit.
In the morning, my mister gets up with the boys, get the older one off to school on the bus, then eats breakfast with the younger. And this book has been a great addition to the breakfast table. It shares a verse and a short devotion, perfect for his preschool attention span.
And you can use it in whatever way suits your family:
- If you are homeschooling, you can trace the verse, have your kids journal this verse, memorize the verses, etc.
- You can write it on a home chalkboard for your kids to see throughout the day.
- You can read it together over a meal or at night.
- You can pray it over your children as they go to bed.
- You can journal these verses as their mama and give it to them when they are older for them to see how you prayed for them and how God answered.
However you choose to use it, know that it is the Word of God, and it is powerful to bring about change in your kids’ lives (and yours).
And you can win won from Tommy Nelson Mommies. Just share with me which one of the above ways you would use if you had this book. I’d love to hear!
Thanks Tommy Nelson for this book and for the giveaway book. All opinions are my own.