What a day for a soup recipe. The sun is gone here in Little Rock. It is overcast and very cool – ok, cold! Bowls of soup I do believe were created for days like today.
I have a trusted White Chicken Chili recipe that I’ve used for about about 15 years now. But, I wanted to try something new. This turned out very yummy and completely different, so now I have two great recipes. And I can never have too many soup recipes!
Spiced White Chicken Chowder
Recipe type: Soup
Easy, warm, chowder perfect for cold days
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp all spice
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can rotel (mild)
- 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can great northern beans
- 1 potato, cubed
- ¾ cup cooked black beans
- 2.5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oil in large dutch oven.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add everything else except chicken and cheese and toppings.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add cheese at the end.
- Serve in a huge bowl with a spoon and top with your favorite toppings
I love the printable recipe. It worked!
Oh great – its a new addition for me! Thanks for letting me know it worked!