Garlic. Tomato. Cheese. Crust. Italian Sausage. Onions. Gooey-stringy. Texture. Taste. Comfort.
All of the above give you a snapshot into why I love pizza. What I don’t love about pizza: the way it makes me feel. I can’t eat it as much anymore and I will save the rarities for grace pizza.
I still love the flavors of pizza so I want to incorporate those flavors into a more healthy dish for my family. This was gobbled up by my men and me one evening for dinner.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 slices pepperoni
- ½ cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup Italian cheese
- 1 T Italian seasonings
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- In an oven-safe dish, spray or grease the bottom.
- Place your chicken in it.
- Season both sides of your chicken with salt and pepper and italan seasonings.
- Smear ricotta cheese over both pieces of chicken.
- Layer the pepperoni over the top of the ricotta cheese.
- Pour the pizza sauce over the top of the entire dish.
- Top with the Italian cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until chicken is done (will depend on how thick your chicken breasts are).
- In the meantime, cook angel hair (or any other pasta) according to package directions.
- When chicken is done, slice on the diagonal and layer on top of the noodles.
- Serve with salad or garlic bread.