I’ve mentioned already this month that we are on a very tight grocery budget so I’m making the most of it by using what I already have. So, I was rummaging through my freezer – and for this meal I only needed to be 1 can of cream of chicken soup. How effecient is that?
I love comfort food. My mister finds that strange. Do you love comfort food? I’m talking about mostly foods that you can eat with a spoon: my Granny’s chicken and rice, pie, ice cream, macaroni and cheese, cereal, mashed potatoes, guacamole. The list could go on. My mister knows that I have a relationship with food because I’ll sit down on the couch with a big bowl in my hand and sometimes sigh as I dig into my favorite dessert or pasta goodness (I don’t do that as often but the relationship still exists.
The biscuits I used were leftover from a 4th of July cookout I went to. I just saved some of the biscuits in the freezer and used them here.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 T unsalted butter
- ½ bag of frozen mixed vegetables (no need to thaw)
- 3 cups shredded chicken (I had some in the freezer)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Leftover Joy the Baker biscuits
- Saute your onions in the butter.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook until thawed.
- Add everything else (not the biscuits) and stir until combined
- Pour into a shallow baking dish.
- Top with thawed biscuits.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are warmed.